Configuring Netgear WGT624 Router with Acer Aspire Netbook

Request help for laptops, netbooks, minibooks, or any of the other smaller portable computers running windows.
iafaneh

Configuring Netgear WGT624 Router with Acer Aspire Netbook

Post by iafaneh »

Does anyone know how I could go about configuring my Netgear WGT624 router to work with my new Acer Aspire netbook? I currently have a laptop operating on my Netgear router, but yesterday, when I tried to log on to the internet with my Acer Aspire netbook, nothing? my router is secured. The funny thing is that the window that should asks for my network key never pops up. It just says that it is trying to connect, then an error message stating something to the effect that the network is no longer in range and that I should refresh the list pops up. I would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me.

iadoreafedora

Re: Configuring Netgear WGT624 Router with Acer Aspire Netbo

Post by iadoreafedora »

Tha manual for your Netgear router is located here. The support page from Netgear is here. I would disable all security on your router and computer, then attempt to make a connection. After making the connection. Enable security (I suggest WPA) Leave SSID set as broadcast, not broadcasting can cause window's wireless network app to act a bit squirrely. Good Luck! -Flame

Return to “Laptops / Netbooks / Minibooks”